TitleWork Efficiency Prediction of Persons Working in Traffic Noise Environment Using Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) Models
Journal titleArchives of Acoustics
AffiliationYadav, Manoj : Civil Engineering Department, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Surat, India ; Tandel, Bhaven : Civil Engineering Department, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Surat, India
Keywordstraffic noise ; noise exposure ; social questionnaire survey ; human work efficiency ; ANFIS prediction model
Divisions of PASNauki Techniczne
PublisherCommittee on Acoustics PAS, PAS Institute of Fundamental Technological Research, Polish Acoustical Society
Bibliography1. Aliabadi M., Golmohammadi R., Khotanlou H., Mansoorizadeh M., Salarpour A. (2015), Artificial neural networks and advanced fuzzy techniques for predicting noise level in the industrial embroidery workrooms, Applied Artificial Intelligence, 29(8): 766–785, doi: 10.1080/08839514.2015.1071090.
2. Azadeh A., Saberi M., Rouzbahman M., Valianpour F. (2015), A neuro-fuzzy algorithm for assessment of health, safety, environment and ergonomics in a large petrochemical plant, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 34: 100–114, doi: 10.1016/j.jlp.2015.01.008.
3. Banerjee D. (2012), Research on road traffic noise and human health in India: review of literature from 1991 to current, Noise & Health, 14(58): 113–118, doi: 10.4103/1463-1741.97255.
4. Bell P. (1980), Effects of heat, noise, and provocation on retaliatory evaluative behavior, Journal of Social Psychology, 110(1): 97–100, doi: 10.1080/00224545.1980.9924227.
5. Central Pollution Control Board, New Delhi, India (2002), Ambient Air Quality Standards in Respect of Noise.
6. Eriksson C., Nilsson M.E., Pershagen G. (2013), Environmental noise and health – Current knowledge and research needs, Swedish Environmetal Protection Agency Report 6553, Stockholm.
7. Ghosh S., Biswas S., Sarkar D., Sarkar P.P. (2014), A novel neuro-fuzzy classification technique for data mining, Egyptian Informatics Journal, 15(3): 129–147, doi: 10.1016/j.eij.2014.08.001.
8. Hancock P.A., Vasmatzidis I. (1998), Human occupational and performance limits under stress: The thermal environment as a prototypical example, Ergonomics, 41(8): 1169–1191, doi: 10.1080/001401398186469.
9. Ivoševic J., Bucak T., Andraši P. (2018), Effects of interior aircraft noise on pilot performance, Applied Acoustics, 139: 8–13, doi: 10.1016/j.apacoust.2018.04.006.
10. Khambete A.K., Christian R.A. (2014), Predicting efficiency of treatment plant by multi parameter aggregated index, Journal of Environmental Research and Development, 8(3): 530–539.
11. Liu W., Zhao T., Zhou W., Tang J. (2018), Safety risk factors of metro tunnel construction in China: An integrated study with EFA and SEM, Safety Science, 105: 98–113, doi: 10.1016/j.ssci.2018.01.009.
12. Mallick Z., Kaleel A.H., Siddiqui A.N. (2009), An expert system for predicting the effects of noise pollution on grass trimming task using fuzzy modeling, International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences, 4(4): 389–403.
13. Norris M., Lecavalier L. (2010), Evaluating the use of exploratory factor analysis in developmental disability psychological research, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 40(1): 8–20, doi: 10.1007/ s10803-009-0816-2.
14. Pal D., Bhattacharya D. (2012), Effect of road traffic noise pollution on human work efficiency in government offices, private organizations, and commercial business centres in Agartala City using fuzzy expert system: A case study, Advances in Fuzzy Systems, 2012: Article ID 828593, doi: 10.1155/2012/828593.
15. Quartieri J., Mastorakis N.E., Guarnaccia C., Troisi A., D’Ambrosio S., Iannone G. (2009), Road intersections noise impact on urban environment quality, [in:] Recent Advances in Applied and Theoretical Mechanics. Proceedings of the 5th WSEAS International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Mechanics(MECHANICS’09), Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain, pp. 162–171), WSEAS Press.
16. Rashid T. (2012), Fuzzy logic and neuro fuzzy models for direct current motors, International Journal of Engineering Inventions, 1(7): 68–75.
17. Recio A., Linares C., Banegas J.R., Díaz J. (2016), Road traffic noise effects on cardiovascular, respiratory, and metabolic health: An integrative model of biological mechanisms, Environmental Research, 146: 359– 370, doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2015.12.036.
18. Singh R., Ho L.J., Tan H.L., Bell P.A. (2007), Attitudes, personal evaluations, cognitive evaluation and interpersonal attraction: On the direct, indirect and reverse-causal effects, British Journal of Social Psychology, 46: 19–42, doi: 10.1348/014466606X104417.
19. Tandel B., Macwan J.E.M. (2017), Road traffic noise exposure and hearing impairment among traffic policemen in Surat, Western India, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India), Series A, 98: 101–105, doi: 10.1007/s40030-017-0210-6.
20. Thompson B. (2004), Exploratory and Confirmatory Factor Analysis: Understanding Concepts and Applications, American Psychological Association,Washington DC.
21. Tiwari S., Babbar R., Kaur G. (2018), Performance evaluation of two ANFIS models for predicting water quality index of River Satluj (India), Advances in Civil Engineering, 2018: Article ID 8971079, doi: 10.1155/2018/8971079.
22. Yadav M., Tandel B. (2019), Exposure effect study of traffic noise on roadside shopkeepers in Surat City, Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, 39: 1038– 1045.
23. Yadav M., Tandel B. (2021), Structural equation model-based selection and strength Co-relation of variables for work performance efficiency under traffic noise exposure, Archives of Acoustics, 46(1): 155–166, doi: 10.24425/aoa.2021.136569.
24. Zaheeruddin (2006), Modelling of noise-induced annoyance: a neuro-fuzzy approach, 2006 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2006, pp. 2686–2691, doi: 10.1109/ICIT.2006.372676.
25. Zaheeruddin, Garima (2006), A neuro-fuzzy approach for prediction of human work efficiency in noisy environment, Applied Soft Computing, 6(3): 283–294, doi: 10.1016/j.asoc.2005.02.001.
26. Zaheeruddin, Jain V.K. (2008), An expert system for predicting the effects of speech interference due to noise pollution on humans using fuzzy approach, Expert Systems with Applications, 35, 1978–1988, doi: 10.1016/j.eswa.2007.08.104.