In the historical and educational literature, there is no text, which present the history of the academic colony of the University of Cracow in Lviv from its inception in the 17th century to the next transformation at the end of the 18th century. This paper is based on manuscript archival materials collected at the Jagiellonian University, the Archbishop of Lviv, in including consistory files, and also in printed annals, published official magazines of the city of Lviv, printed works of the teaching staff and students of the colony. As a result of many years of collecting source facts, the following was reconstructed: establishment of an academic colony in 1608, directors, some auxiliary teachers, pupils’ case, their activity in the city and the church in Lviv, school building and conditions for teaching, scattered grounds for financing teachers, pupils and building maintenance school. The article is the first part of the school’s history, the archival material owned by the author, after completing the query in the Lviv city archives, allows the author to write its history in the 18th century. This is the third academic colony (Chełmno, Nowy Sącz) presenting by the author.
Go to article