The Journal publishes manuscripts in the form of: review and mini review articles, research papers, short communications as well as methodological
papers. Opinions and book reviews are also welcome. Materials submitted to BioTechnologia are peer reviewed and have to meet
specifiexpectations concerning substantive and editorial qualities.
- The text of the manuscript should be provided in double-spaced page format, as Portable Document Format (pdf, preffered for “first” submission) or/and MS World document (doc, obligatory for final submission). Lamport TeX format (tex, contact the Editorial Office) is also acceptable.
- Body of the article should be typed with 12 point Times New Roman font and 35 mm (left and 15 mm (right) margins. All lines of each page of the document must be numbered in the margin. The pages must be numbered consecutively.
- Equations should be numbered serially (1), (2),… on the right side of the page.
- Metric, SI units and the Celsius measurements should be used throughout.
- Abbreviations should be explained when they first appear in the text.
The title page should indicate:
- the name(s) of the author(s),
- a concise and informative title,
- the affiliation(s) and address(es) of the author(s),
- the e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers of the corresponding author.
The abstract should contain a concise description of the purpose of the paper, the results and findings, as well as a short concluding paragraph.
The abstract must not exceed 350 words. A list of 3 to 6 key words must be given included at the end of the abstract.
The main text should be divided into the following sections:
- Materials and methods,
- Discussion (can be combined with Results),
- Conclusions (if necessary),
- Supplementary material (more...),
- Literature cited (more...).
Although the editors of BioTechnologia prefer that also review papers include Introduction and Conclusions sections, we do allow greater
discretion in their content and organization.
Literature cited within the text must be:
cited by author and year,
in chronological order when grouped (or alphabetical order if published in the same year),
must follow the CSE citation style (e.g., Brandt and Coley 2005; Kowalski et al. 2009; Brandt and Coley 2005a, 2007b),
must include the name of the first author and “et al.” when there are four or more authors,
if referred to an unpublished work of the author(s) quoted as: “name AB, unpublished data”,
if referred to an unpublished work of other author(s) quoted as: “name AB, name CD, personal communication” (the authors are responsible
for securing permissions to cite).
LIST OF LITERATURE
- arranged alphabetically by name of author(s) and then chronologically,
- refer to manuscripts not yet published but which have been accepted for publication as “in press”,
- not included if manuscripts have not yet been formally accepted for publication,
- in line with the guidelines for abbreviations of periodicals listed in The Council of Science Editors Style Manual (7th ed., 2006),
- not include unpublished data, personal communications or manuscripts “in preparation”. Such materials, if necessary, may be included into
- the text only.
- formatted as follows:
Journal articles: Strozycki P.M., Szymanski M., Szczurek A., Barciszewski J., Figlerowicz M. (2010) A new family of ferritin genes from Lupinus
luteus - comparative analysis of plant ferritins, their gene structure, and evolution. Mol. Biol. Evol. 27: 91-101.
(>10 co-authors): CvetkoviA., Menon A.L., Thorgersen M.P., Scott J.W., Poole II F.L., Jenney Jr F.E., Lancaster W.A., Praissman J.L.,
Shanmukh S., Vaccaro B.J., et al. (2010) Microbial metalloproteomes are largely uncharacterized. Nature 466: 779-782.
Books: Ingram V.M. (1963) The hemoglobins in genetics and evolution. New York: ColumbiaUniversityPress.
Book chapters: Vance C.P. (1997) Enhanced agricultural sustainability through biological nitrogen fixation. In: Biological Fixation of nitrogen for
ecology and sustainable agriculture. Ed. Legocki A.B., Bothe H., Puhler A., Berlin, Heidelberg: Sprringer-Verlag: 179-186.
- The following formats are acceptable:
- HTML (.html, htm),
- Jpeg (.jpg, .jpeg),
- GIF (.gif),
- TIFF (tif),
- PNG (.png),
- Adobe PDF (.pdf),
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet (.xls),
- Microsoft World (doc, docx),
- Encapsulated postscript (eps),
FIGURES AND TABLES
- be of high quality,
- be numbered in the order they appear in the manuscript,
- have uniform letters and size style,
- be of the size of a single (max. 86 x 134 mm) or double column (max. 172 x 234 mm),
- not include elements that exceed one journal page,
- be provided with legends informative enough to make them understandable independently of the text.
- be numbered in the order they appear in the manuscript,
- have short titles, adequate to table content.
All materials (text, graphics etc.) must be submitted electronically. In case of questions concerning the submission, please contact the Editorial
Support (Editorial Office) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration of the manuscript with BioTechnologia is equivalent to author’s consent for
publication of its content in both printed and electroniversion.
Authors should make sure that the text of the manuscript is prepared in correct English. Authors for whom English is a second language may
choose to have their manuscript professionally proof-read and edited before submission or during the review process. Please contact the
Editorial Support (Editorial Office) for details.
All sections from “Title page” to “Literature Cited” must be submitted as a single file. Figures and Tables should be included (together with their
descriptions) at the end of the manuscript.
Manuscripts conditionally accepted (not rejected) must be returned to the Editorial Office within four (review articles) or twelve (research articles)
weeks. Returned articles should be corrected according to the Reviewer’s suggestions or offer strong arguments why the Publisher’s
suggestions have been ignored.
Submission of accepted manuscripts
The rules are the same as for the first submission, except for the Figures which should:
- be submitted as separate files. If a Figure is composed of parts (ie. 1A, 1B..), each part should be submitted separately;
- be submitted as .tif, .eps, .xls, .doc, or .jpg .png files. If it is impossible to provide, figures in one of the acceptable formats, please contact
- the Editorial Office;
- be submitted, preferably, at resolutions of 600 dots per inch for line figures and 300 dots per inch for half tones;
- be in CMYK mode rather than RGB (color figures).
Corresponding Authors will receive a proof for correction. A proof copy should be returned to the Editorial Office within seven working days. All
comments should be marked on the proof and accompanied with the letter stating: “page xx, line yy; it is …..; it should be…” If a corresponding
Author does not return proof-reading of the manuscript within seven working days, it will be understood that the editorial correction has been
accepted without objections.
Page charges are: PLN 100 PLN (EUR 25 or USD 35) per printed page and additionally PLN 300 (EUR 75 or USD 105) for each page with color
figure/s. However, payment of the page charge is not a condition of publication. If the research was not supported by a grant, special fund,
contract or the like stated in the acknowledgements, a request to reduce or waive the charges may be mailed, together with the Copyright
Assignment Form, to the ABP Editorial Office.